How to calculate performance of an actor ?
There are many parameters to judge performance of any actor, Let’s have a look at each
- Hit Ratio : This is total number of hits against total releases. Let’s suppose an actor ‘X’ did 10 movies out of which 6 are hits, it yields to 60% hit ratio.
- Success ratio : This is total number of successful movies (Hit, semi hit, Above Average) against total releases. Let’s suppose an actor ‘Y’ did 10 movies out of which 2 are Hits and 6 are above average success. This yield to 80% success ratio.
Now in both the above parameters, we can’t rule out any single one. If we chose Hit ratio as parameter then actor ‘Y’ would have been only 20% Hit ratio, this would exclude the fact that he has 6 more success behind him. And if we take success ratio as sole parameter then ‘X’ would have 60% success ratio and ‘Y’ would have 80% success ratio, this would exclude the fact that ‘Y’ has only 2 hits in his kitty, means despite of less number of hits ‘Y’ would rank above ‘X’ which is again not acceptable.
Let’s look at more parameters :
- Total Number of Releases : This is total number of releases an actor have for the period of time ranking is being calculated. But this parameter can’t be taken solely as it doesn’t indicate any success of failure, however it indicates the efforts put by any actor in that span of time.
- Total remuneration generated : This is total revenue generated by any actor through the movies he acted in the span of time for which ranking is being calculated. Let’s suppose ‘X’ generate 250 Crore from 10 movies out of which 6 are hits and ‘Y’ generated 400 Crore from 10 movies out of which 4 are hits, In this case ‘X’ has more hit ratio but less revenue sum, ‘Y’ has less hit ratio but has generated more revenue. We can’t rule out the fact that Y has generated more revenue. So this parameter is again important.
We can’t rule out any single parameter to judge performance of any actor. So here we are taking in account all parameters to calculate performance.
|Parameter||Contribution to performance|
|Total Number of releases||25%|
Some standards :
- An actor is expected to release 2 movies a year, means if we are calculating performance for 10 year duration and ‘X’ has done 12 movies in 10 years then This parameter will get effective score of 15%, for overflow there is no extra points.
- Revenue figures would be taken as adjusted one, So total revenue would be adjusted by adding 20% more to the total sum (this is applicable to 10 years span only).
- As par today’s scenario 50 Crore Nett revenue per movie is taken as 100%. Let’s suppose ‘X’ generate 250 Crore revenue from 10 movies, standard is 10*50 = 500 Crore[To get 25% scroe), so Revenue generated parameter will get effective score of (250/500) * 25 = 12.5%. overflow of revenue will get extra points.
MR (Minimum Revenue) = [(Total Years for which performance is being calculated) * 2]
URG = Unadjusted Revenue Generated
RG (revenue Generated) = ((URG * .2) + URG)
How to calculate these parameters ?
|Parameter||Contribution to performance||Calculation Method|
|Hit Ratio||25%||(Total Hits/Total releases) * 25|
|Success ratio||25%||(Total Success/Total Release) * 25|
|Total Number of releases||25%||If Total release < MR (Total Release/MR) * 25Else
|Revenue generated||25%||RG/MR * 25|
Now Take Two examples to calculate performance of ‘X’ and ‘Y’ for span of 10 years :
|Revenue generated||300 Crore||7.5|
|Total Score||51.6 %|
|Revenue generated||500 Crore||12.5|
|Total Score||55.6 %|
So with all above parameters, ‘X’ performs 51.6% and ‘Y’ performs 55.6% for span of 10 years.
NOTE : This is not final technique, All suggestions are welcome here and any important parameter which is missing will be incorporated here with due acknowledgement, I do want to apply performance technique with agreement of all you guys. Looking forward for your feedback/suggestions.