Raavan – Boxoffice Prediction
Before predicting box-office of Raavan, Let’s analyze some factors which are basis of any prediction :
- Curiosity : This factor is definitely a plus point for Raavan as most of us want to know about how Raavan has shaped up, Its good or bad ? basically curiosity level decide the angle of trending or you can say this factor decide that how sharp movie will improve in coming days if WOM is good/excellent. I found this factor on plus side for Raavan, Even if movie open to average response on first day, Great WOM can take it to another level on subsequent days.
- Buzz : Unfortunately the level of buzz which was on initial days of promotion, is on decline at the moment. I can only hope that for rest of week, Raavan team will leave no stone unturn to make audience aware that Beera is coming. Buzz helps movie to boost opening day figure, but later only WOM decide the legs of movie.
- Star Box-office Pull : This factor ensure good opening, Abhishek with Mani is something to watch out for. Abhishek’s last two movies Delhi-6 and Dostana was good opener.
- How Effective are Promos/teasers : I can safely say that most of promos are liked by general audience.
- Music : Music is definitely getting popular, Most of tracks are appreciated by audience and album will soon become highest selling of 2010.
- Competitors : This is solo release, so no competition. But at the same time will compete with its another Tamil version in south.
- External factor : Relatively smaller release in southern territories, This will cut a big chunk of revenue.
- Any recent blockbuster : Yes, Most of audience already stepped to theater for Raajneeti and is still going strong.
Based on all above factors, My prediction is (This is my moderate assumption) :
Opening Weekend : 25-27 Crore
Opening Week : 42+ Crore
Lifetime : 70-75 Crore